Oh, The Places You'll Go!
Oh the places you'll go! There is fun to be done!
There are points to be scored. There are games to be won.
And the magical things you can do with that ball
will make you the winning-est winner of all. - Dr. Seuss
To honour Dr. Seuss' birthday on March 2, we read aloud his stories all week. As a reader response to Oh, The Places You'll Go!, we discussed what we wanted to be when we grew up. Students had an opportunity to draw pictures and write stories about their future aspirations. Here's a sample:
"I want to be a teacher." - Evelyn
"I want to be a vet when I grow up." - Alexandria
"When I grow up I want to be a teacher and a baby school teacher, and a mom and
a big sister." - Kamryn
"I want to be a mom and a teacher when I grow up." - Aaniyah
"I want to be an astronaut, a scientist and a singer." - Kai
"I want to be a car when I grow up." - James
"I want to be a police officer when I grow up." - Mason
"I want to be a karate master." - Leticia
"I want to be an astronaut when I grow up." - Joemar
"I want to be a mommy." - Mila
It was fun while it lasted
Our students LOVED being out in our spring-like weather! We enjoyed some extra outdoor play and discovery.STEM Learning Continues
Each day, we place open-ended STEM challenges in our learning centres. Using plastic straws and connectors children create a variety of structures, from the CN Tower to churches. They have a chance to use their imagination, to build, to test and to collaborate.
PAT Schedule
Week of March 5 - F
March Break
Week of March 19 - B
Week of March 26 - J
Upcoming Dates
Monday, March 5 - Scholastic Book Orders DueFriday, March 9 - Pizza Lunch
Monday, March 12
through Friday, March 16 - March Break - No School
Wednesday, March 21 - Rosary Apostolate Visit
Friday, March 23 - Pizza Lunch
Friday, March 30 - Good Friday - No School
Monday, April 2 - Easter Monday - No School




No comments:
Post a Comment